Orlando Magic “Horns Down” NBA Summer League
The Orlando Magic ran this simultaneous pin down action yesterday out of the horns set. This is a very simple play to put into your system that gives you multiple scoring options.
1. While 4 help defenders are occupied with the pindowns 1 has the option to take his man on the dribble to the rim or pull-up jumper.
2. Hit 2 or 3 on the pop or curl for a shot.
3. If 2 or 3 do not make a scoring play, have the big set a side or step-up pick & roll for them.
4. If X4 or X5 over help on the pin down, slip your bigs to the rim for a lob.
5. Have 2 and 3 come off the pindowns and set up in a horns set for pick & roll options for 1.