The Florida Gators ran this Horns post-up play in their National Semi-Final game versus UCONN. As 4 cross/back-screened 5 (Young), the defense fought to take away the post-up from the Gators’ dominant big man, this allowed 4 to seal and duck-in easier.
To see EVERY play Florida ran in the 2014 Final Four you can do so in my eBook Championship Execution!
The Orlando Magic ran this simultaneous pin down action yesterday out of the horns set. This is a very simple play to put into your system that gives you multiple scoring options.
1. While 4 help defenders are occupied with the pindowns 1 has the option to take his man on the dribble to the rim or pull-up jumper.
2. Hit 2 or 3 on the pop or curl for a shot.
3. If 2 or 3 do not make a scoring play, have the big set a side or step-up pick & roll for them.
4. If X4 or X5 over help on the pin down, slip your bigs to the rim for a lob.
5. Have 2 and 3 come off the pindowns and set up in a horns set for pick & roll options for 1.